TatianaBoshenka

TatianaBoshenka

The Audacity of Hope: Thoughts on Reclaiming the American Dream - Barack Obama I enjoyed this book, though it has less narrative and more public policy discussion than his first. It still has plenty of engaging narrative. Every policy opinion he states is illustrated with stories that show why he feels that way. I really like our president now. It's a delightful experience for me. I feel so good about the direction the country is headed, and also the world. I heard something from the BBC that summed it up perfectly. "... now that the United States is under adult supervision ..." (laughs) I think he's a very smart and also a wise man, and he has a knack for connecting with people and really listening.

The book is organized by subject, with chapters on the economy, foreign policy, race, religion, family, etc. He covers much of the territory a president needs to be thinking about, though I wish there were much more about technology and science. He seems to realize how important it is, but not know nearly enough about it yet. I hope he rectifies that right away. Many times his mature, reasoned, and humane ideas written in such simple and sincere prose brought tears to my eyes. I never really thought we could have such an excellent person as president. As starry-eyed an optimist as I am, I never dreamed politics could work so well and be so good as we managed to get it this time around. I think we're amazingly lucky to have him running the country.