TatianaBoshenka

TatianaBoshenka

Wind, Sand and Stars - Antoine de Saint-Exupéry, Lewis Galantière This is a marvelous book by the author, of course, of the famous Little Prince. What can I say? I'm passionately in love with a dead French guy. Not like me, but sometimes life just throws you curves and you have to follow them on into the cliff face somewhere on a foggy night during wartime. "But the eyes are blind. One must look with the heart..."

The episode in which they freed the slave was glorious. The whole story of being lost and near death in the middle of the desert, the taste of that orange, the taste of the water, taught me stuff that I don't think I could have learned any other way short of nearly dying myself.

This book complements TLP in a way that deliciously adds weight and texture to both. I didn't think anything could make me love TLP any more, but reading WS&S surely did. I'm so very glad I read it. I have to give it 5 stars. Maybe the truth is that TLP and WS&S together are a 5 star book. They're like two sides to a precious coin that together are beyond the worth of jewels. They show the inestimable treasure that's woven into the warp and weft of every moment of being alive.