TatianaBoshenka

TatianaBoshenka

A Thousand Splendid Suns - Khaled Hosseini This was a wonderful, haunting story. I was so captivated by it, and I still think about it a lot. It had moments of transcendence and of realization. It makes me think a lot about broader questions, about war, and feminism, and what we can do to change things in the world for the better.

Why do we limit people's scope so severely by seeing them as unimportant, as having little worth? I think this is the most important thing that we need to do to accomplish the change that has to happen to the world: we must see and acknowledge people's true worth, which is limitless. We have to stop setting up laws and systems that diminish people's potential instead of expanding it. I'm thinking of women in societies which enslave and devalue women, but also of the devaluation of poor people in almost all societies.

The issues explored are almost too deep and wide to encompass. This is the story of two women in Afghanistan. It's also the story of everyone. Sorry I can't be more coherent. I love this writer. This is an important book. But I don't know what I think about it. It hurts to even think about all these things. I don't know what it means.