TatianaBoshenka

TatianaBoshenka

The Sandman, Vol. 1: Preludes and Nocturnes - Neil Gaiman, Malcolm Jones III, Karen  Berger, Sam Kieth, Todd Klein, Mike Dringenberg A pretty good graphic novel, my first ever that I've read. I'd been hearing good things about it forever. Loved the last story in particular because of its understated way of handling profound content. I don't usually read or watch horror, usually because I find it silly. I wasn't aware that these books would be like that, and my lack of desensitizing to such things led to me having nightmares for several days afterward. I rather like being sensitive this way, and don't usually subject myself to anything creepy to avoid losing that quality. Sometimes, though, it's worth it because it's real, and Dostoyevsky who creeps my sister out and is way too much for her -- too anguished, too over the top -- I love. I think this book, while I'm not comparing it to Dostoyevsky, is similarly worth it. Until the end I might not have said so, but I very much liked the last story.

On to the next book...